So all week I've browsed the internet for tips on making the appointment go as smoothly as possible and these are the following tips I found and used them with Archie and I was soo happy and relieved when he sat perfect and didn't make a sound :D Very happy mum!
Here is what done but of course each child is different and other ways may suit you:
- Opted for a home appointment so he was used to his surroundings
- All week I've been saying to him about having " big boy hair like daddy"
- Used his high chair for him to have his hair cut in instead of on my lap ( the original plan )
- Asked for just a scissor cut instead of clippers as he is quite scared of loud noises like them
- Gave him a colouring book and pack of crayons
- Everytime he tried to touch his hair I asked him to play round the garden + tiny turtle on my hands so his little fingers got distracted
- After we brushed him down I got him a sticker as a reward for sitting so well.
Hope some of these tips help you with your child's first hair cut :D
Please do share some of your tips and stories in the comment box, I would love to hear them xx